Update: 4/20 WSRP Income Tax Canvassing Project …
|24th GOP Chair||Thu, Apr 18, 12:29 AM|
|to me, Cathy, Dick, Grays, Jill, jodi, Matthew, Sue, Jon, Jon, Anton, Jim, Bill, Debra, Tom, Matthew|
Good Evening Friends,
I wanted to update you on the WSRP Income Tax Canvassing Project for this weekend (see attached).
The materials will be delivered to the 24th LD on Friday, with 300 being hand delivered to Grays Harbor and the 700 designated for Jefferson (300) and Clallam (400) will be couriered to the Peninsula by my husband, which I will then relay to Jefferson and Clallam canvassers on Friday night and/or Saturday morning.
As of 12:24am, on Thursday, I’ve received confirmation from Grays Harbor and Jefferson, but nothing from Clallam. Sue … Were you able to send out the notice to CCRP PCOs? If so, did you hear back from anyone? I understand there’s a bit of a leadership void right now at the CCRP, due to Matthew being out of the area and Debra needing to focus on Brian getting better. I’m happy to reach out to the Clallam PCOs directly if that would be helpful.
This is no gimmick. Chapman and Tharinger already voted for the Capital Gains Income Tax. The intention of the literature drop is a practical matter, to inform voters and generate calls to put pressure on Van De Wege to vote no (see attached). We have nothing to “gain” by this passing. It’s imperative that we have the CCRP PCOs participation so we can generate calls from all corners of the district.
The task at hand isn’t going to require an army, just four or five PCOs who are interested in stopping the Capital Gains Income Tax. If the PCOs are only dropping the literature on their neighbors doorsteps, it would only take them an hour to do 100.Jodi … Were you able to reach out to your volunteers?
Here are a few quick talking points from Anton, should your PCOs have the opportunity to speak to voters while canvasing their neighborhoods:
- They State Legislature is expected to vote on OVER 50 new proposed taxes this coming week.
- Specifically, the Washington State Senate is considering voting for the Capital Gains Income Tax (which inevitably turn into a full blown income tax).
- Representatives Chapman and Tharinger have already voted for the Capital Gains Tax. Please call Senator Van De Wege and ask him vote against this and all tax increases! (all the information is on the flier)
- Washington has been lead by Democrats for almost 40 years yet we have the most regressive tax system in the nation. Republicans want to talk about lowering taxes for working families instead of raising them.
- Not having an income tax is one of the reasons the economy in our state is working. Creating an income tax is bad news for workers and businesses alike.
- Calling Senator Van De Wege only takes 30 seconds and will have a profound impact on his decision. The voters that speak up are the ones that dictate policy down in Olympia. (his number is on the flier)
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!Looking forward … Dani
Danille Turissini, Chair24th Legislative District Republican Committee
P.O. Box 522, Hoquiam, 98550
Clallam • Grays Harbor • Jefferson